Sailing with children, what do I have to bear in mind?
Sailing in Ibiza and Formentera is a great experience for the entire family! Over the past years, we have welcomed all ages on board. Sailing on a true pirate ship sparks the imagination of many kids and is a lot of fun, also for us!
You might have some questions popping up, regarding sailing with children. There are a number of things to take into account:
– When there are (small) children joining us on board, we set the rule that they sit in the same place during navigation, because of safety reasons. We expect the parents/guardians to take this rule seriously and make sure that the kids do not walk unnecessarily back and forth across the boat. If they want to take a look at the front deck, this can be done under supervision.
– The trip to Formentera takes about one and a half hours, hereafter we will anchor and the kids can walk freely, swim and jump off the boat. From experience, we know that it’s always nice to go to the beach with them for a little while, we can take you here with the tender.
– We have life jackets in different children’s sizes on board.
– When sailing, we always take the presence of kids on board into account. This means that we won’t let the boat heel over too much. Also, the plan for the day can be adjusted, we are happy to discuss this with you.
– Bringing some toys can be nice. Keep in mind that things with a lot of small and/or loose pieces is not very handy on the boat. Books, pencils and dolls are fine for example.
Having said this, it’s a great adventure to go sailing with the little ones. Of course, the kids are welcome to take over the helm for a moment so they really feel like a pirate for one day!